Silky luscious hair and smooth beautiful skin is everyone’s dream to fetch. No matter what ethnicity, country or city an individual belongs to, one thing that is clear is the similar thoughts of getting to know a product that can change the skin and hair game for the rest of their lives without any side effects.
So, even if you want to change your skincare and haircare game routine, then let me introduce you to a special ingredient called “Rice” which will not make a hole in your bank, but would rather make a soft corner in your heart. Also rice is a not only a staple part of your diet, but an awesome product that can be used as a toner, cleanser and conditioner.
Rice is definitely not a high end product but the nutrients that it has will not only make your skin and hair beautiful but will make it healthy too. Also, if we look into the history of rice water, it is said that it has been used by Asian women for centuries for the treatment of skin and hair. In Japan the female rice farmers used to bathe in rice water, which gave their skin and hair a natural shine and glow.
So, if you also want to know the secret for their beautiful skin and hair and also want to know how to prepare a fermented rice water then keep on reading.
The Benefits of Rice Water For Hair & Skin:
- Rice water contains vitamin B, C and E.
- The minerals that are present in the rice water helps in tightening the skin and shrinking the pores.
- It contains antioxidant ferulic acid and organic compound allantoin that helps in soothing and healing the skin.
- Reduces redness, acne and blemishes.
- The phenolic and flavonoid compounds found in rice minimizes the free radical damage from environmental factors.
- Using rice water for cleansing improves the overall complexion.
- It contains saponins, a natural occurring substance that features soap like qualities and thus makes a gentle yet good cleanser for hair.
- It also contains inositol that helps in improving elasticity, repairing and strengthening the damaged hair.
- Increases shine and make hair smoother.
- Rice water also helps with detangling the hair.
How to Make Fermented Rice Water:
- Take any type of rice in a bowl and rinse it thoroughly to remove dirt and impurities.
- Rinse the rice at least 2 times.
- Now pour the desired amount of water for 20 minutes and stir it after every 5 minutes.
- After you’re done with that, then strain the water into a jar and keep the jar aside for 24 to 48 hours.
- Keep the water in the refrigerator for 1 week and always make a fresh one after a week.
So, now that you know the steps and benefits of fermented rice water, then feel free to use it daily in your skincare and haircare routine. It is these simple beauty tips for face and hair that actually looks easy but is very effective for your skin and hair.