Oily skin occurs when the sebaceous glands overproduce sebum, thus resulting in leading to shiny or greasy looking face and skin problems like acne, blackheads, enlarged or clogged pores etc. Even the pollution and the dirt from the outside results in comedones for those who have a very oily skin. The best thing to do if you have an oily skin is to control the production of oil. So, in order to help you out with your oily skin here are Top 5 beauty tips for oily skin.
- Cleansing not only helps you with keeping the face clean and fresh, but it also helps with reducing the excess oil.
- Make a habit of cleansing your face twice or thrice a day.
- A gel based formula or a foaming cleansers are the best option for oily skin.
- A cleanser or a face wash that is oil free is even better.
- A product that contains two or more of ingredients like Salicylic Acid, Tea tree oil, Neem, Honey, Turmeric are great for your skin.
- A medicated soap can also be a good option.
- Be gentle with your cleansing, as you don’t want to strip down your natural moisture of the skin.
- Scrubbing helps in removing dead cells and any sort of dirt, oil or sweat piling up on your face.
- A once or twice a week of exfoliation helps in controlling the excessive amount of sebum production.
- Be gentle with your scrubbing technique.
- Don’t scrub on a daily basis, once or twice a week is more than enough.
3). Weekly Face Mask:
- After exfoliation, applying a face mask helps in hydrating your skin, removing excess oils and improves in reducing the appearance of the enlarged pores.
- A face mask that contains Bentoniteclay and Kaolin, Sandalwood or Fuller’s Earth are very good for oily skin.
Homemade face masks for oily skin:
- Take a fresh apple and cut it into a thin slice, blend the apple slices and add 2 tablespoons of honey to the paste. Mix it well and apply it on to your face. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse it off with some lukewarm water. This face pack helps in controlling the shine, tightening the pores and giving hydration to the skin.
- For controlling the excess oil off your face, take a ripe papaya and mash it. Now, into the mashed papaya add 3-4 drops of lemon. Mix it, apply to your face and gently massage. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
4. Use an Alcohol-Free Toner:
- Toning after cleansing and exfoliating helps in eliminating the excess oil and removing dirt from the skin.
- For oily skin, an alcohol free toner helps in controlling the excess production of sebum.
5. Day & Night Moisturizer:
- Having a day and night moisturizer helps in hydrating your skin.
- For oily skin, opt for a moisturizer that are water based, non-comedogenic or oil free.
- At day time, always apply a sunscreen with your moisturizer. A sunscreen helps in protecting you from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Opt for a gel based sunscreen.
YOU CAN ALSO READ: 5 Fabulous Homemade Beauty Tips For Glowing Skin!